Virtual Jobs 4 Moms

Virtual Jobs 4 Moms
Be sure to also check WAHM job posts here too! Click logo to link to telecommute positions in various industries

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Mystery shop with your phone??

 So you you know that love to share stuff I try out right? Well lately I've been taking a look at mystery shopping using your mobile phone! Weird I know, but I figured we'd check it out for you. 
So first off, I have to tell you that my husband was my co-Guinea pig, and did the participation so I could observe.  We dedicated a morning...well 2 hours really (10:30-12:30), while our kids were at practice to the test. Our first stop included a 48 question shop at a mass retailer and counting clothing styles. Thankfully he is super quick at this because of his retail background, but it may have taken me (or any normal person) twice as long. Not sure for my snail pace that the $7 pay rate would have been worth it. In all, he made $32 in 2 hours, but I have to make everyone aware that this is not usual. We accepted jobs that were already on our errand list, and there just happened to be a $20 cell phone mystery shop at our mobile phone provider that we were headed to. Most of the shops I saw ranged from $2-$12 (with a rare $20), and some offered compensation for purchases up to a certain amount. Some requires product return and reporting on the process. One thing I do have to warn about is that if you are not comfortable interacting with sales staff, these opportunities may not be for you. Having to think off the top of your head and create believable scenarios is part of job sometime. 
So where can you find mystery shopping jobs? New apps are being added all the time and using your phone location, can pull up opens shops near you.  Some allow you to register online, and other actually require you to become an employee and take some testing. Here are a few of the apps I have checked out. Check your app provider to see if they can be downloaded!

EasyShift
Mobee
iSecretShop
Secret shopper
Ipsos mystery shopping
 

No comments:

Post a Comment