Virtual Jobs 4 Moms

Virtual Jobs 4 Moms
Be sure to also check WAHM job posts here too! Click logo to link to telecommute positions in various industries

Thursday, November 5, 2020

Freelance Writing!

So I am one of those people who conveys the thoughts in their mind much clearer on paper than out of my mouth. When I stumbled upon freelance writing, it was like a match made in Heaven. I loved being able to write about topics that were right up my alley of interest, and be able to do it on my free time. And let’s be honest...when I say “free time”, I mean the times when my kids were otherwise occupied and not needing Mommy.

I eventually adopted a writing after they went to bed or writing before they woke up schedule and that worked great until they were school age and I could write during the day. Over the years I have migrated back to the “before they wake up” schedule.  The kids don’t need me as they did before, but I have found that early mornings are my most productive time.

So where do I find freelance opportunities and publications needing articles? I subscribe to a site called Writer’s Weekly. Not only does the site provide great info, hold writing contests for prizes, and offer  book publishing, they provide a free newsletter with paying markets that provides great links to the publications in need of articles. Are you interested in writing too? Visit writersweekly.com and subscribe to the newsletter to hopefully kick start your writing dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment