Virtual Jobs 4 Moms

Virtual Jobs 4 Moms
Be sure to also check WAHM job posts here too! Click logo to link to telecommute positions in various industries

Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer Balance

So the reason many of us choose to pursue work at home employment, is for more time with family. Now that kids are starting to get out of school,  we are left trying to balance a normal work schedule with entertaining the kids.A great tip that have worked for me was to "Set a schedule and stick to it!":
  •  I would get my work done in the morning, and the kids knew that during that time, they needed to eat their breakfast that I set out for them, get washed & dressed, do morning chores (like empty the dishwasher & feed the dog breakfast etc), and do a worksheet of schoolwork. After that, they could watch a little TV or play a video game.
Time would just fly by for them if they were kept busy. By lunchtime, I would be done and we could have fun! Granted my kids are older so they can do most things independently with instruction, but I'd love to hear your tips on how to keep kids busy this summer while you try to work. This year, with a baby in the mix, I definitely need to try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment