Virtual Jobs 4 Moms

Virtual Jobs 4 Moms
Be sure to also check WAHM job posts here too! Click logo to link to telecommute positions in various industries

Monday, September 26, 2011

Your Home Office

So I'm toying with the idea of moving my work at home office. I have a few places that I'm thinking of, but the key is that I don't want to dedicate a whole room to my office. That means time for some creativity and ingenuity, but I'm hitting a wall!  I know in my previous home, it seemed as though every ounce of space had to be calculated. When I began working from home, I had to be creative in finding a spot for my office, and I was crafty in using every available niche. If you can't spare the space, I've found that finding spaces to do double duty can be your answer!
1. An office in the guestroom closet
2.Setting up an armoir with the computer monitor doubling as the movie screen in a playroom
3. Only have the main living area? What about using heavy curtains for privacy, and a little sound barrier? The great part is that the curtains can be decorative to match your decor.  They can be moved back when you aren't working, or left closed to keep your work from being visible, or a temptation for little ones!
4. The makeshift office that sets up wherever you want. A laptop that you can use to work anywhere in your home may make more sense than a standard desktop that takes up valuable space.

I'd love to hear about your office space and what ideas you may have to help others (and me) create their ideal workspace!

No comments:

Post a Comment